Friday, June 5, 2009

National Doughnut Day Is Here

It’s almost like my birthday, but sweeter. It’s a little like a national holiday, but banks are open. It’s a lot like Cinco de Mayo, but north of the border.

It’s National Doughnut Day (you couldn't have forgotten, could you?). Originally started as a fund raiser for the Chicago Salvation Army back in 1938 - now an official holiday which totally deserves time off from work. (At least in my mind)

Krispy Kreme is offering one free doughnut per customer today. While you’re there, check out the Mini Cooper contest and try their new mini doughnuts. Dunkin Donuts is giving away a free doughnut when you purchase a beverage.

I've got to go. I'm headed to my third Krispy Kreme today. (I'll see you there!)

And here's an odd collection of doughnut inspired merchandise - just for fun:

Mollycoddle Soap (Pictured - yeah, the doughnut in the photo really is soap!)
Black Horse doughnut candles
Cafe Press
(t-shirts, stickers, mugs and hats with doughnut artwork)
Donut Art (fabric doughnuts)
Eggshells Kitchen Company - doughnut cutter
Allbrands - automatic doughnut maker

No comments: