Friday, October 2, 2009

Kitchen Paint

A friend was touching up the cabinets in his kitchen. He picked up the wrong paint and suddenly had beige splotches all over his white cabinets. It was one of those paints that dries a different color. (Or so he says…)

Reluctantly, my friends decided to hire a professional painter who would paint the entire kitchen and fix the mistake (after living with spots for a couple of months). It took nearly a week because the painter started by using a roller instead of a brush. These friends are designers and would have none of that, so the painter sanded the cabinets and started all over again.

After about a week of painting and repainting, the kitchen was finished. The worst part about the experience according to my friends? They couldn't get into the liquor cabinet for a week because of the painting.

Never mind the plates or the dishes – it’s the drinks they missed the most. (I know what you’re thinking – and it was totally not my kitchen. This did happen to friends of mine. I swear.)

Color blindness - click here to test your vision
Chalkboard paint (now available in all kinds of colors – I love this stuff. Now what can I paint?)
AA


Click here to visit the Snackworthy site

1 comment:

Interior Spaces Inc said...

I don't know who those friends are, but they need help!