Monday, July 20, 2009

See Jane Work

The department where I work was taken over by another department from the home office last year. Since then, we’ve been forced to adopt their standards. Each month, we learn of something else that is being taken away, downsized or additional reporting that is required. This weekend, we’re being moved to another building where each of us gets smaller digs – except for the chief from the home office. His office space remains suspiciously the same…

As a precaution, I brought home all of my personal belongings that I was afraid the movers might break. So I decided to play a joke on Charles. I left the box of items on the dining room table. He came home and saw it. Knowing how much I love my job (?!), he immediately assumed I quit my job that day. (And after we just renovated the bathrooms and put a new roof on the house!) I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so pale. See, there’s fun in everything.

See Jane Work is the opposite of Office Depot bland. Some of See Jane Work's stuff is a little too girly, but they do have some gender neutral items.

Now that the tiny box I work in will be smaller, I was thinking of organizing it a little better with the items pictured. They call it their Locker Basket Collection, but it kind of reminds me of prison bars. (Seemed appropriate!)

Now I just have to find a good resuscitation kit for Charles. The poor guy won’t survive many more of my practical jokes.

See Jane Work

No comments: