Monday, July 6, 2009

Solar Power

I use my mobile phone a lot. Sure, I use it for calls occasionally. More often, I’m texting like a pre-teen girl or updating Facebook or checking my email. All of which takes up a lot of energy. (Actually, I meant the battery power in my phone, although my thumbs do feel a little tired.)

Once my bank account allows, I’m buying the Solio Hybrid 1000 charger. (I wonder if there were nine hundred and ninety nine chargers before this one…)

It’s a battery that powers up from the sun or from the USB port on your computer (if you work in a cave devoid of light like I do). When your cell phone battery starts to wear out, plug it into this gadget to recharge. It works the same as if you had plugged it into a wall. The great thing about the Solio is you can clip it to a bag, suitcase, etc. and let it charge throughout the day.

After a little time with the Solio, you’ll be back to talking on your phone. Me...I’ll be back to my texting.

TerraPass

No comments: