Monday, August 3, 2009

Atlas Homewares

Some parts of the house were damaged during our bathroom renovation. I came home for lunch one day and was greeted by my dad. (He was the contractor, so no matter what happened, I couldn’t get mad. I should have thought this through better…)

He had been walking through the house that morning carrying old beams that were ripped from the guest bathroom. He lost his grip on one of the beams and it tilted forward. The back part of the beam tilted knocking the glass shade of an antique Art Deco chandelier to the floor, where it shattered, of course. (Lunchtime was not so great that day. Strangely, I still didn’t want to go back to work.)

I finally located a replacement shade from an antique lighting store in New York. They're shipping the shade to me this weekend. Which made me think about the street numbers on our house. You know, I need to be sure the delivery guy finds our house.

We’ve got some boring old house numbers (yep, Home Depot special), but I really like the ones at Atlas Homewares. They're very cool and I’d buy a set – if I didn’t have to replace the antique light shade. Maybe next year I'll have cool house numbers!

Atlas Homewares

No comments: