Monday, August 17, 2009

Pinch and S'mac

We just returned from NYC yesterday. We were up there celebrating a friend’s 70th birthday. It was a surprise party with about ten guests. (We didn’t yell surprise or anything – I did say it was his 70th birthday, right?)

Last time we visited New York, we found a restaurant that came highly recommended. This restaurant only serves two things – pizza and mac & cheese. (I think they might have salad, but who really cares?)

It’s called Pinch and S’mac and is located on the Upper West Side. I went there for the mac & cheese (of course). They let you select the cheese(s), breadcrumbs or no breadcrumbs and other ingredients to add, including bacon (oh yeah).

Want to know the amazing thing? I really liked the pizza too. (Sorry Poppa Johns, you’re still my regular guy at home.) Honestly though, who would even bother with pizza when you’ve got mac & cheese and bacon? But the pizza was really, really good.

So you know that Pinch and S’mac is now a regular on my tour of NYC. I may not make it to my 70th birthday party. What, from eating so much bacon, and mac & cheese? Oh, no, I just meant, I’ll probably be at Pinch and S’mac, while everyone else is waiting somewhere to surprise me. That is, if it’s still around in 50 years (hey, I look 20, right?)

Pinch and S’mac (they do deliver, but only for a couple of blocks, darn it)

No comments: