Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vintage Phones

We spent too much money on the bathroom renovations this past spring. So our new mobile phone purchase has been postponed – which is killing me!

Some time ago, I installed software on my Palm Treo that allows me to check work email. (It’s special software that interfaces with Lotus Notes – why would anyone still use this antiquated email program?) Unfortunately, my phone already had a tendency to lock up and restart. The work email software makes it occur more often.

Restarting normally takes five minutes which totally ruins those moments when there is a squirrel outside the window looking at you in the conference room as if you were a caged animal in a zoo (it sure does feel that way) – and you want to take a picture of the squirrel but your phone has to restart. (I do work hard, I swear!)

While I love technology, there’s something to be said for things that work everytime, without complications.

These vintage phones are cool, but does it mean that I would actually have to sit down in one place, actually use my finger to dial, then have a conversation? And how do you send a text message on it?

The Curiosity Shoppe

No comments: