Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Who's Afraid of Crawl Spaces?

Years ago, we placed speakers all throughout the house. We ran wires under the floor to the various spots for music. (And when I say we, I mean me.) I crawled under the house to fish the wire through. Charles wouldn’t go near the crawl space.

The last time we added some speakers, I crawled all the way from the back of the house where the access door is to the front of the house, where the living room is and the stereo. There’s only one access door to the crawl space, so it’s a long trip.

I’d always been worried about seeing snakes or spiders when I’m crawling through this tight space. There’s really no getting around down there quickly.

On that particular day, I just happened to look over my shoulder toward the access door at the back of the house when I saw two eyes shining back at me from some kind of animal! I almost jumped through the living room floor! (If there been enough room to get some lift, I would have made it through.) Luckily, it was just a cat who was more scared of me than I was of it and the cat ran away.

We haven’t put in any more speakers since that day. But now that we’re getting the receiver fixed, I saw these mini speakers from Sony. And they’re wireless. No more crawling under the house for me.

Sony HT-IS100 (The size of strawberries. Nice! I totally need them.)
Rock Speakers (For outdoors, although these aren't wireless)
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook (You don't know - that cat could have had rabies or something. Of course, the dogs were lounging in the living room at the time.)
Click here to visit the Snackworthy site.

No comments: